On the first day of recruit training you will receive full pay and benefits. Depending on your level of education, the salary ranges from $4702.45 - $5,242.00 monthly. Salaries will continue to increase annually until top step is reached.
- Step 1 – $4,702.45 High School Diploma
- Step 2 – $4,964.73 Associate's Degree
- Step 3 – $5,242.00 Bachelor's Degree
- Step 4 – $5,533.45
- Step 5 – $5,842.09
- Step 6 – $6,167.73
- Step 7 – $6,511.36
- SALARY- Salaries are among the highest in the nation
- RETIREMENT- Outstanding retirement benefits
- EDUCATION INCENTIVES- Pursue a college education at discounted prices through LASD University.
- BI-LINGUAL PAY- Bonus pay may be paid if you can speak, read and write a foreign language.
- HEALTH INSURANCE- A choice of paid medical programs.
- MILITARY LEAVE- If you are in the Military Reserves you are granted up to 30 days with pay each fiscal year.
- SICK LEAVE- Twelve (12) sick days a year at full pay.
- HOLIDAYS & VACATIONS You will receive paid holidays and vacation
- OTHER BENEFITS Includes county matching deferred compensation and retirement plans.
- EXCELLENT PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES